Friday, March 12, 2010

Mission Update

Well, we set up a bank account! Man, there sure is a lot of paperwork and red tape to go through in order to set up a church. Our incorporation papers are being filed and we should start filing for 501c3 status soon. As you might remember, Carrie and I sent out support letters a few weeks ago, and the response has been amazing. We have received a little over $3800 dollars!!! If you are able to support The Mission, I encourage you to click here and partner with us on this incredible journey.

God continues to provide me with opportunities to build relationships with people I run into, and work with, at Wal-Mart. I had a great conversation with a lady just last night. Although much of what God is up to these days remains a little blurry, I think I'm starting to see some questions being answered.

On Sunday nights we are still plowing our way through The Gospel of John. The fact that he was most likely the oldest surviving eyewitness of Christ really does lend to the uniqueness of this Gospel. This week we will be tackling the difficult passages found in chapter 6 about eating His flesh and drinking His blood. Sounds kind of shocking doesn't it? I would love it if y'all would share your thoughts with me about this passage.

Finally, Carrie and the girls will be joining me in Dayton this weekend for good. We will be moving into an apartment on Monday. After 7 months of living in other people's homes, we will be together again. I can't wait!!!

Continue to pray for The Mission and it's future impact on this little community. Our hopes and dreams of bringing a "fresh set of legs" to the body of believers in Dayton is becoming a reality. Much love to you all.
BW

No comments:

Post a Comment